Established way back in the 19th century as a settlement for the Eurasians of Bangalore, Brookefield is a posh area with well-developed infrastructure. Several IT giants like IBM, SAP have their offices here, making it one of the best places to stay for the techies working nearby. And now that area is officially a part of Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).
· Brookefield is well-connected to other parts of the city through frequent buses. Kempagowda International Airport is about 40km from here while Bangalore Cantonment is the nearest railway station situated at a distance of 19km.
· A major four lane road (Varthur Road) connects Bangalore city with Brookefield.
· A Traffic and Transit Management Centre (TTMC) in EPIP is now operational with schedules connecting it to most areas of the city.
Factors for Growth
Good connectivity and affordable rentals have made the area popular for property buyers and investors alike. In addition, the area also offers a number of ready-to-move-in property options. The demand here is mainly driven by professionals working in and around ITPL and Whitefield.
· Ryan International School, Kidzee, Blossoms Preschool, Step by Step play school, Brillant School, MVJ International School are some of the reputed schools in Brookfield within a radius of 700mts. to 3km.
· Nilgiris Store, Cosmos Mall and Inorbit Mall cater to the daily needs of the residents.
· Vydehi Hospital, Sai Baba Hospital, Sankara Eye Hospitalare are some of the hospital available with 4km radius.
· Dominos Pizza, Mcdonalds and Taste of India are some of the nearby restaurants.
· Nearby IT companies include SAP Labs, IBM, Accenture, HP, i-Gate and many more.
Brookefield suffers from water shortage during summers as the whole area depends entirely on the groundwater. Traffic during peak hours is another common problem faced by the residents here.